Monday, November 16, 2015

9 Weeks - Addictions are tough!

HELLO everyone!

It is P-DAY once again. It has rained every day this week. The new apartment is great! The warm showers are amazing. Negril is so different than anything that i had expected. The branch is super nice. We have 4 investigators on date to get baptized. The closest one is an 18 year old kid, and he is getting baptized on the 29. He really wants to be baptized. Demetry is struggling (one of our other investigators that is on date for baptism). Keep him in your prayers. He is the one with the bad drinking problem. Other than that, it has been a pretty good week. I love you all.

See ya!

Elder Brodey Davis


We were able to ask Brodey a few more questions, and he also said:


(Why is Negril weird?) There are never any planes flying over head, rabid dogs everywhere that try to bite your feet when you are riding bikes. I've kicked like three in the face. and just the way people live. They are terrified by frogs and snails. They absolutely hate them. It is weird. Everyone asks for our bikes.Thinking that we are just going to give them a bike


(Did you get letters?) I got some letters on Wednesday. I got one from grandma and one from you, and the Grundvig's nativity set yesterday.


(Is it hard to help investigators with addictions?) ya it is hard i took away the rum he had in his hand yesterday. I don't know why he drinks. He is divorced, and his wife has the kids an America. So that could have something to do with it.


(Do you have food?) I have food. We are going on some comp exchanges next week so that will be interesting, but i am excited.


(Do you need anything?) I don't think i need anything. American snacks are expensive down here. Snacks would be nice. haha


(Are you sleeping?) Ya I pass out as soon as I lay down. I am thoroughly exhausted!


My district in Negril

My bed in the new apartment.
Wooden head - I bought for dad.